The Aviation market is immensely rising. With recent reports it show that Asian market is on the way to become the world largest aviation market.
India's largest airline company, low-cost airline IndiGo. So if you are an aviation aspirant and want to work in the IndiGo, you should know these facts about the company:
INDIGO – HIGHLIGHTS AS AN AIRLINE
- Indigo (Interglobe aviation limited) – low cost private airline in India
- Indigo is india’s largest airline in fleet size and passengers carried.
- Indigo is owned by Rahul Bhatia (Interglobe enterprises) and Rakesh Gangwal (u s based Indian expatriate)
- Indigo was founded in 2006.
- Indigo logo is 20 dots arranged in the shape of an aircraft.
- Indigo operates 1400 flights a day with 60 domestic destinations and 23 international destinations.
CAREERS WITH INDIGO
Indigo has placed orders for many more new aircrafts and are expanding their operations due to which they have more and more staff requirements.
They conduct walk in interviews in many locations in India and the details of these interviews are shared in their website.
https://careers.goindigo.in/aocs.html - This link will take you to their careers page.
Generally, they conduct recruitment for the following posts and the requirements are as below.
POSITIONS: EXECUTIVES (CUSTOMER SERVICE / RAMP / SECURITY & GSE)
- Educational Qualifications: Preferably graduate from a recognized board or university as determined by IndiGo. It is at the sole discretion of IndiGo to change the requirement as and when deemed fit.
- If at any stage prior to or during the employment of a candidate, it is found that the requisite qualification is not completed from a recognized board or university as determined by IndiGo, such candidate’s offer for employment or employment is liable to be withdrawn or terminated.
- Desired Skills: Good Communication Skills, Customer Service Aptitude, Open to work in rotational shifts, Able to work under pressure
- Airport Operations Experience preferred
- Kindly refer local residents only
- No visible tattoo marks/body art
- Age – 18 to 27 years
- Interviewed candidates can reapply after 6 months
- For Customer Service - Good Communication, Pleasing Personality
- For Security - Adaptable to all weather conditions, Place of work can be either at the Terminal or Apron
- For Ramp - Adaptable to all weather conditions, Place of work can be either at the Terminal or Apron
- For Customer Service - Well versed in customer dealing
- For Security - BASIC AVSEC, Screener, NCC background
- For Ramp - Load & Trim license, 12th Science background
Preparation for Interview
Ensure to work well on your English communication skills.The interview is broadly classified into 3 parts.
- Group Discussion
- English writing or reading to check your English grammar and spelling.
- Personal Interview.
They may put you through the above 3 sections or they may at times skip one or more sections. But be prepared for all the 3 sections.
- Group Discussion generally will be topics of current affairs, you can search for Group Discussion topics in Google and start cultivating the habit of reading newspapers and listening to news.
- At times they will give you a newspaper or magazine or some write up and ask you to read the same to check your English skills and pronunciation or they may give you a topic and ask you to write a page about the given topic. When it comes to writing you have to keep in mind the following. Relevance of the Topic, English Grammar and also make sure you use the correct spellings.
- Personal interview will be face to face interview, in which your self-introduction will be there and also, they may ask you about the company, about your job role for the position, about your home town, about your family etc.
These above points have to be practiced well as these will come in handy for any interview your face where it is for this particular airline or even if it is some other company or industry.